Drinking hot water has always been beneficial as it provides a range of health benefits. But these days, during the time of global Coronavirus pandemic scare, the benefits of drinking hot water has come in more focus. Everyone is looking out for ways to prevent the attack of corona (COVID) by boosting their immunity. Drinking hot water is one such method that helps eliminate the toxins from the body and helps in relieving nasal congestion, sore throats, etc.
Caution should be taken that the water should not be too very hot that it scalds your taste buds…
1/8. Relieves nasal congestion
1. Inhalation of the steam created by the warmth of hot water, when holding the cup of hot water loosens the clogged sinuses and also relieves a sinus headache.
2. Drinking warm water warms the mucous membranes around the neck and upper torso soothing sore throat due to mucous buildup. It prevents the accumulation of mucus.
3. Drinking warm water is helpful in soothing sore throat, relieving colds and coughs, dissolving phlegm, and clearing nasal congestion.
2/8. Improves circulation
1. Drinking warm water helps the circulatory organs, arteries, and veins to expand and effectively carry blood throughout the body. Adequate blood flow has a positive impact on blood pressure and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
2. Drinking warm water enhances blood flow to the tissues, allowing the muscles to relax thereby, reducing all types of pain.
3. Drinking warm water at night relaxes you and offers sound sleep.
3/8. Helps reduce toxins
Drinking hot water causes a temporary rise in internal body temperature leading to sweating. Sweating leads to the elimination of toxins and irritants thus, reducing the toxins in the body.
4/8. Calms central nervous system
Drinking hot water calms the central nervous system and lubricates the body. When the nervous system is adequately controlled and healthy then, fewer aches and pains are experienced. Also, as the central nervous system functions are enhanced, there is reduced anxiety, decreased stress, and a feeling of more calmness.
5/8. Aids digestion
1. Water is a lubricant that helps in keeping the digestion going. When the water moves through the stomach and intestines, it helps in keeping the digestive organs hydrated and helps eliminate waste. Drinking hot water contracts the intestines thereby, there is passing out of old waste trapped in the intestines thus, relieving constipation.
2. Drinking hot water helps to break down food faster thus, relieves and activates the digestive tract. It cures bloating, gas, and acidity.
6/8. Aids in weight loss
1. Drinking hot water stimulates the body’s temperature control system; it decreases the internal temperature activating the metabolism and burning more calories thus, aiding in weight loss.
2. Drinking hot water before a meal increases the feeling of fullness and suppresses hunger thus, helps in weight reduction.
7/8. Promotes hair health
1. Drinking hot water energizes the nerve endings in the hair roots accelerating hair growth and makes the hair shiny and lustrous.
2. Drinking hot water prevents dry scalp, keeps the scalp hydrated and thus, prevents dandruff.
8/8. Promotes Skin Health
1. Regular consumption of hot water can restrict skin ageing. Hot water decreases the formation of dead cells and increases the elasticity of the skin thereby, making the skin appear young and radiant.
2. Hot water maintains skin hydration, enhances blood circulation making the skin smooth and radiant. Drinking hot water cures acne and several types of skin infections.
3. It releases toxins thus, offering a glowing skin and unclogged pores.
Article contributed by Dr. Varsha Sharma, MD (Hom). Consulting Homoeopathic Physician, treating various diseases of children, adolescence and old age since last 24 yrs. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org