Have you ever wondered why no amount of medical intervention helps in overcoming certain ailments and niggling health issues?
Maybe you have Ama – The systemic toxin. Indian wellness system describes the inability to treat certain diseases because of presence of Ama – The antithesis of Agni.
Ideally the food we eat fires the “Agni” which helps ingest nutrients from our diet; body processes what it needs and expels/excretes the rest. BUT sometimes due to factors like stress, life strains, weather, inappropriate foods and habits and not eating food based on one’s PRAKRITI, not all the food is processed.
Due to these mentioned reasons, a part of food remains half digested; it is neither turned into nutrients nor is expelled as waste, it keeps sitting in the intestines. This half processed food is Ama; cause of most of the health issues and ailments.
What causes ama toxin?
1. Undigested food.
2. Eating too much or too little.
3. Eating food unsuitable to one’s body type.
4. Wrong posture and compromised breathing.
5. Going to sleep before the food is fully processed.
6. Eating too much processed, fermented and fast food.
A few Ama toxin triggered ailments
1. Autoimmune diseases.
2. Unexplainable weight gain.
3. Cell mutation related ailments
4. Foul body smell and bad Breath.
5. Bloated stomach, gas and flatulence.
6. Body bloating, edema and swelling etc.
7. Mentally tired and weary, almost always.
8. Menstrual cramping and related issues.
9. Constant sinus problem and constipation.
10. Painful joints and non-genetic joint ailments.
11. Constant lethargy, heaviness and appetite loss.
12. Irregular bowel movement, foul smelling and sticky stool
13. Skin ailments like eczema, psoriasis, acne and patchy skin etc.
14. White coating on the tongue and constant metallic taste in the mouth.
15. Free radicle related issues like wrinkling of the skin, premature greying.
16. IBS, Digestion tract ailments, certain abdominal, duodenal ulcers, Diverticulitis etc.
Sipping warm water helps in flushing out of Ama – The Body Toxins.
Drinking warm water detoxifies the internal organs and keeps the body toxin free. Replace cold/room temperature water with warm water (depending on what your body/internal organs agree with).
1. Drinking warm water improves the efficiency of all major body organs. The liver, lungs, skin, kidneys and intestines all use water as a vehicle for cleansing. Inadequate quantities of water slow the system down and can cause high B/P, skin disorders like eczema & psoriasis, constipation, grey skin, infections, swollen glands and almost 90% of the ailments.
2. Kick-start body cleanse and detox. Drink warm Lemon water, first thing in the morning. If adding Honey, keep the water lukewarm as honey turns toxin, when heated.
3. Drink detoxifying tea. (¼ part Coriander, ½ part Fennel, ¼ Cumin). Mix the ingredients in Hot water and sip throughout the day.
Avoid Ama toxin forming habits…
1. Consume only “whole”, “unpolished”, “natural” food.
2. Avoid heavy dinner after 7pm. Metabolism and intestinal system slows down post sun down. Make Breakfast 25% and lunch 50% of your daily Diet.
3. Immediately Eliminate: Soy of all kinds, dairy of all kinds, eggs and meat, corn, peanuts, all sugar and treated wheat for the DETOX period.
Foods to be included for Ama Detox
1. Fresh and seasonal vegetables. Leafy greens.
2. All plant based protein. Peas, lentils, legumes, beans.
3. Coconut milk, almond milk, rice milk, hemp seed milk.
4. Natural Sugar like Stevia, almond sugar, jaggery (if required).
5. Coconut, mustard (Sarson), olive, sesame, sunflower, almond.
6. Raw whole fruits, nuts, figs, prunes, cherries, prunes, pears, aloe juice.
7. Non-gluten whole grain, Brown Rice, amaranth, millet, quinoa, buckwheat.
8. Teas like Chamomile, Dandelion, peppermint, ginger, licorice, calendula, green tea, fresh fruit, greens, lemonades, coconut water, warm lemon water and vegetable soups/juices.
Foods to be excluded
1. Coffee, Tea, Aerated Drinks, Alcohol.
2. Corn, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, beets.
3. All processed sugars including all type of syrups.
4. Clarified Butter, spreads, margarine, processed oils.
5. All Dairy, eggs, cheese, yogurt, ice creams, dairy creams.
6. All animal based protein. Soy and whey protein. Red Meat.
7. Grapes, banana, strawberries, peanuts, pistachio, macadamia nuts.
8. All non-whole grain, corn, barley, rye, couscous, oats (steel cut oats are a detox meals).