Have you ever wondered why no amount of medical intervention helps in overcoming certain ailments and niggling health issues?
The ancient Indian wellness system has an explanation… It describes the inability to treat certain diseases because of presence of Ama – The Systemic TOXIN.
Ideally the food we eat fires the “AGNI” which helps ingest nutrients from our diet, the body processes what it needs and expels/excretes the rest. BUT sometimes due to factors like Stress, Life strains, Weather, inappropriate foods and Habits and not eating food based on one’s “PRAKRITI”, not all the food is processed.
Due to these mentioned reasons, a part of food remains half digested; it is neither turned into nutrients nor is expelled as waste, it keeps sitting in the intestines. This half processed food is Ama; cause of most of the health issues and ailments.
What causes Ama Toxin?
1. Undigested Food.
2. Eating food unsuitable to one’s Body type.
3. Eating too much or too little.
4. Going to sleep before the food is fully processed.
5. Eating too much processed, fermented and fast food.
6. Wrong Posture and compromised Breathing.
A few Ama toxin triggered ailments
1. Skin ailments like Eczema, Psoriasis, acne and Patchy skin etc.
2. Autoimmune diseases.
3. Body bloating, Edema and Swelling etc.
4. Cell mutation related ailments
5. Painful joints and non-genetic joint ailments.
6. Constant lethargy, heaviness and Appetite loss.
7. Mentally tired and weary, almost always.
8. Foul body smell and Bad Breath.
9. Bloated Stomach, Gas and Flatulence.
10. White coating on the tongue and constant metallic taste in the mouth.
11. Irregular Bowel movement, foul smelling and sticky stool
12. Unexplainable Weight gain.
13. Constant Sinus problem and constipation.
14. Free radicle related issues like wrinkling of the skin, premature greying.
15. IBS, Digestion tract ailments, certain abdominal, duodenal ulcers, Diverticulitis etc.
16. Menstrual cramping and related issues.
Sipping warm water helps in flushing out of Ama – The Body Toxins.
Drinking warm water detoxifies the internal organs and keeps the body toxin free. Replace Cold/Room temperature water with Warm water (depending on what your body/internal organs agree with).
1. Drinking warm Water improves the efficiency of all major body organs. The liver, lungs, skin, kidneys and intestines all use water as a vehicle for cleansing. Inadequate quantities of water slow the system down and can cause high B/P, skin disorders like eczema & psoriasis, constipation, grey skin, infections, swollen glands and almost 90% of the ailments.
2. Kick-start Cleanse and Detox. Drink warm Lemon water, first thing in the morning. If adding Honey, keep the water lukewarm as honey turns toxin, when heated.
3. Drink Detoxifying Tea. (¼ part Coriander, ½ part Fennel, ¼ Cumin). Mix the ingredients in Hot water and sip throughout the day.
Avoid Ama toxin forming habits…
1. Avoid heavy dinner after 7pm. Metabolism and intestinal system slows down post sun down. Make Breakfast 25% & lunch 50% of your daily Diet.
2. Consume only “Whole”, “Unpolished”, “Natural” Food.
3. Immediately Eliminate: Soy of all kinds, Dairy of all kinds, Eggs and Meat, Corn, Peanuts, All Sugar and treated Wheat for the DETOX period.
Foods to be included for Ama Detox
1. Raw whole fruits, nuts, figs, prunes, cherries, prunes, pears, aloe juice.
2. Coconut milk, almond milk, rice milk, hemp seed milk.
3. Non-gluten whole grain, Brown Rice, amaranth, millet, quinoa, buckwheat.
4. All plant based protein. Peas, lentils, legumes, beans.
5. Fresh and seasonal vegetables. Leafy greens.
6. Natural Sugar like Stevia, almond sugar, jaggery (if required).
7. Coconut, mustard (Sarson), olive, sesame, sunflower, almond.
8. Teas like Chamomile, Dandelion, peppermint, ginger, licorice, calendula, green tea, fresh fruit, greens, lemonades, coconut water, warm lemon water and vegetable soups/juices.
Foods to be excluded
1. Grapes, banana, strawberries, peanuts, pistachio, macadamia nuts.
2. All Dairy, eggs, cheese, yogurt, ice creams, dairy creams.
3. All non-whole grain, corn, barley, rye, couscous, oats (steel cut oats are a detox meals).
4. All animal based protein. Soy and whey protein. Red Meat.
5. Corn, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, beets.
6. All processed sugars including all type of syrups.
7. Clarified Butter, spreads, margarine, processed oils.
8. Coffee, Tea, Aerated Drinks, Alcohol.