As the Biochemic system of medicine originates from a homoeopathic background, several basic doctrines of Homoeopathy are followed. Both these systems are safe, gentle, rapid, effective, powerful and harmless method of therapeutics, based on fixed scientific and logical principles.
The Homoeopathic system of medicine has given importance to the 12 inorganic tissue salts as remedies and these systems are quite identical in most of the aspects, though differing slightly, as enumerated below…
1. Homoeopathic system of medicine is based on several fixed principles, laws & doctrines; primarily it is based on the principle of Law of Similars – ‘like cures like’. It believes that a substance has the ability of curing the same symptom in a diseased that it can produce in a healthy individual. It supports the dynamic concept of disease.
2. Dr. Wilhelm Heinrich Schuessler, discoverer of Biochemic mode of therapeutics recognised the presence of twelve Biochemic minerals or inorganic salts in every cell of the human body. Each of these salts is responsible for preserving the harmony in the living organism. Imbalance of these inorganic salts results in improper functioning of body tissues. Dr. Schuessler assumed that any deficiency in the required quantity of these twelve mineral nutritive salts led to the production of a disease. Biochemic medicines are prescribed with the intention of fulfilling the deficient mineral salt thus, restoring harmony.
1. Homoeopathic medicines act on the whole individual and aim in achieving complete restoration of health. The symptoms are permanently eliminated rather than been suppressed. These medicines act on the dynamic plane.
2. The action of Biochemic medicines is to accelerate the production of the deficient mineral salt. These medicines act only if there exist a deficiency of a particular salt. These medicines act on the cellular level.
Biochemic and Homoeopathic medicines are both prepared by a unique process of potentisation. There is slight difference in the method of preparation of the medicines of these two systems. Small quantity of the original drug substance is required to prepare the homoeopathic medicine. Homoeopathic medicines are prepared in the liquid (dilution) form while the Biochemic remedies are prepared in the form of dissolvable tablets.
Both these medicines are available in different scales. Homoeopathic medicines are available in centesimal & millesimal scale while biochemic salts are available in decimal scale. The range of potencies available in Homoeopathy are 6C, 30C, 200C, 10M & 50MM. Biochemic remedies are available in the 3X, 6X, 12X up to 30X potencies.
4/6. Dispensing of Medicine
1. Homoeopathic medicines require a vehicle to be dispensed. They are generally dispensed in sugar of milk. The vehicle is medicated with the medicine.
2. Biochemic medicines do not require any vehicle to be dispensed later. They are already medicated. Lactose (sugar of milk) is the chief ingredient of these tablets.
5/6. Selection of Remedy
1. In Homoeopathy, remedy is selected based on the collection of characteristic symptoms that are expressed by the patient. Every patient exhibits a different set of signs & symptoms which are responsible in deciding the remedy. The dose, strength and the repetition of medicine differs from individual to individual. Only one single medicine is prescribed at a time. There is no mixing of medicines advocated.
2. In biochemic mode of therapeutics, symptoms guide towards the nature of the body’s deficiency. Deficiency of every particular salt gives rise to a specific set of symptoms which shall indicate a particular remedy that shall be required in restoring the harmony. Every Biochemic remedy has its own differentiating symptom. Duration of treatment is dependent on the deficiency levels. The biochemic medicine can be stopped, once the deficiency is fulfilled.
6/6. Safety Profile
Homoeopathic & Biochemic medicines are safe as they are acquired from natural sources and are non-toxic. They can be safely administered even during pregnancy and breastfeeding. They are non-addictive with no side effects and contradictions. Every drug that is administered for cure is already proved on healthy individuals and their actions are well-known.
The biochemic system of medicine and the Homoeopathic system of medicine both play a crucial role in their areas of expertise and are important in restoring equilibrium.