Are you just sipping your cup of ginger lemon honey tea because of its delicious taste? Do you know the wonders that this combination can do on your health?
Ginger, lemon honey tea is a refreshing drink, packed with immense antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal and phytonutrient properties helping heal the body and boost immunity.
One serving of ginger lemon honey tea has 51 calories. It is loaded with potassium, sodium, and carbohydrates. There is no cholesterol in ginger lemon honey tea.
Potential Health Benefits…
1/8. Improves heart health
1. The vitamin C content of lemon helps in the optimised blood flow through the arteries and veins and restricts blood clots. This decreases the chances of heart attacks and strokes.
2. Ginger possesses antiplatelet, anti-inflammatory, hypolipidemic and hypotensive effects which enhances blood circulation and prevents cardiovascular diseases.
2/8. Relieves nausea and vomiting
1. Zingiber, content of ginger eradicates bacterial pathogens which attacks the stomach and disturbs the digestive function.
2. Ginger soothes and decreases nausea and eradicates vomiting.
3. Ginger promotes effective digestion and absorption of the nutrient.
4. Lemon, also lowers indigestion and heartburn.
3/8. Beneficial in weight loss
1. Ginger helps in satiating hunger and stimulating metabolism. It suppresses the desire to eat.
2. Ginger enhances the absorption of fat and restricts it from accumulating in the body.
3. The anti-inflammatory properties of lemon and ginger restrict inflammations and accelerate liver activity which aids in shedding extra pounds.
4. The smell of lemons boosts metabolism which leads to weight loss.
5. Lemon boosts insulin resistance and decreases the fat level in the body.
6. Lemon and ginger together burn more calories.
4/8. Enhances immunity
1. Lemon and ginger both protect your body from infections, as they fight against infections.
2. Lemon been a good source of vitamin C possesses immune-boosting properties.
3. The high anti-oxidant levels of ginger and honey help in strengthening immunity.
4. Ginger accelerates the blood circulation in the body.
5. The bioflavonoids present in lemons prevent the growth and spread of cancer cells.
5/8. Controls diabetes
1. The zinc content of ginger plays a vital role in the secretion and production of insulin.
2. The antioxidants present in this tea counteract the harmful effects of diabetes.
3. Consuming this tea regularly may decrease kidney damage that occurs due to diabetes.
6/8. Enhances skin health
1. The combination of ginger, lemon, and honey together is a great source of minerals antioxidants and vitamins. It offers a smooth and flawless skin.
2. The antibacterial property of ginger offers clear skin by fighting against skin infections.
7/8. Tackles hair issues
1. Rich source of vitamins and anti-oxidants of this tea shall help overcome all the hair issues, decrease dry skin and dandruff.
2. Regular consumption of ginger lemon honey tea decreases hair loss and enhances the texture and quality of hair.
8/8. Other possible health benefits…
Ginger-lemon-honey tea provides relief from symptoms of cold and flu, keeps the metabolism high, detoxifies body, freshens breath, ameliorates cramps during menstrual periods and refreshes and relaxes. It is also believed to be good against cancers due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties (due to presence of flavonoids).
For thousand of years, lemon, ginger and honey have been important ingredients in the traditional Indian medicine.
How To Make Ginger Lemon Honey Tea?
1. Take 2 slices of lemon, ½ cup of sliced ginger and ½ cup of raw honey, mix all of them.
2. Let it settle for a few hours. It can be left in the refrigerator overnight.
3. The juices of both ginger and lemon infuse with the honey, giving thick syrup.
4. To make a healthy tea, add 1-2 spoonfuls of this syrup to a hot cup of water.
5. In case you want to make fresh lemon honey ginger tea then add lemon juice, a piece of ginger to boiling water and cook on simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Later add honey to it.