There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, there is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar,
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
The early 19th century English poet George Byron was never short of words while describing serenity and nature.
Even for a man of 21st century, trailed by undue stress and anxiety, a walk in the woods could be the best option to bring tranquility back into his life.
Regular commune with nature slows down the pace of life, reverses the debilitating side-effects of stress and tension and makes one at peace with himself. Moreover, walking is said to be one of the simplest and effective ways to exercise our bodies too.
Tips while going on a nature trail…
1. A nature walk is not your daily morning walk. So, try to find a peaceful place where you can go on a nature trail.
2. Try keeping apart at least 3 to 4 hours for your nature walk. But walk only till you feel comfortable.
3. Try going for a nature walk as frequently as you wish to. It could be once in a month, fortnight or even once in a week.
4. Wear comfortable clothing and appropriate shoes. Don’t walk in extreme weathers.
5. Keep yourself hydrated during the walk.
6. Walk at a comfortable pace. Absorb yourself as much as possible in the beauty of nature. Listen to the chirping of birds, adore the magnificence of the rising Sun and watch the fallen leaves swaying to the winds.
7. Don’t try to think of your routine activities during the walk. Please don’t bring in your worries during the walk.
8. If you are going on a long walk in the wild, take adequate precautions.