Release unwanted emotions
If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace. If you let go completely, you will have complete peace – thus remarked The Buddhist Master Ajahn Chah.
The eastern religions, feel that letting go of things and desires is the ultimate way to achieve self-mastery. The mystics have always felt that clinging on to desires and wants leads to more disillusionment and sadness, and takes away the beauty from our life.
Life is a mix of good and the not so good events. But we constantly remember the unfortunate part of our lives, which in turn, leads to more stress and disappointment. Letting go of the bad memories and emotions frees up our energy, calms our mind and makes us lead peaceful and contented lives.
Here are some tips to help you let go of the negative emotions and the not so good memories…
1. Practice breath awareness and emotional awareness meditation
2. Practice relaxation methods
3. Make breath control exercises a part of your daily routine
4. Have proper sleep patterns
5. Eat nutritious food
6. Remember everything in the world, including your thoughts, is temporary
7. Don’t worry about the small things in life
8. Forgive others quickly
9. Be compassionate to others
10. Schedule a worry time
11. Differentiate between needs and desires
12. Exercise regularly
13. Laugh often
14. Engage in creative activities
15. Remember that holding on to anger hurts you more than the person who hurt you
16. Develop positive thoughts