2nd Chakra: Swa (one’s own) and Adhisthana (the place of residence) is what this chakra actually is.
Sacral/Swadhisthana ‘one’s own abode’ chakra is the storehouse of all “my” life impressions thereby influences emotions, intimacy, self-confidence, sociability and free movement.
Sacral Chakra is also known as the seat of Kundalini awakening and it is here, due to past mental impressions (perceptions and experiences) the kundalini energy tends to get blocked again and again.
Associated Zodiac Signs: Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio.
Check if you identify with any of the following?
1. Are you a codependent? Do you derive pleasure by making others happy?
2. Do you feel you give your power away to get something in return?
3. Do you feel entitled to life’s pleasures and happiness?
4. Do you, from time to time, feel unworthy and worthless?
5. Do you have guilt, shame, anger and judgmental towards the past?
6. Do you stand up for yourself?
7. Do you see a potential crisis in everything?
8. Do you have poor relationship skills – inadequacy to share emotions or to be intimate?
9. Are you extremely possessive and opinionated?
10. Do you lack the focus on what you want in life?
11. Do you relate to obsessive attachment?
12. Do you suffer from Ob/gyn problems?
13. Are you afflicted with problems of reproductive organs and of the urinary system?
14. Do you suffer with a recurring lower back pain?
All these issues could be related to an imbalance in your Sacral Chakra
Seat of Kundalini potential, people with balanced Second chakra are creative beings and they express themselves through painting, sewing, cooking and other internal creative expressions. However in case of imbalance they might do this for outer approval.
Being water, they can flow and adapt. That is their biggest strength and lack of awareness may become their biggest weakness too.
Evolution Stage: 6 to 24 months
Development Stage: 7 and 14 years.
This period belongs to the development of self-esteem and self-image and any rejection, criticism, feelings being invalidated, neglected, needs for love go unmet, the emotional self feels unsafe.
Any imbalance at this stage of life leads to stifling the ebb and flow of emotional selves and can lead to depression, martyrdom and codependency as an adult, obsession about others needs and neglecting your own.
Balancing, Healing and Meditation therapies for Sacral Chakra
1. Tantra Yoga
2. Movement therapies.
3. Inner child work and Emotional release.
4. Assign healthy pleasures and develop sensate intelligence.
5. Hasya Yoga