List of Throat ‘Vishudha’ Chakra Balancing, Meditation and Healing therapies that help achieve and maintain a balance in ones inner expression energy system.
The 5th chakra or Vishuddha gives you the confidence to express yourself. Satoguna starts here…
Goals – Connect, Communicate, Flow.
Operating Principle – The right to express & be understood… To be Heard.
Throat ‘Vishudha’ Chakra Balancing, Meditation and Healing Therapies:
Chakra Yoga Asana – Working on the internal organs, hormone-secreting endocrine gland and the associated Body parts:
1. Bridge pose (Setu Bandh asana).
2. Supine poses.
3. Knees to chest pose (Apan asana)… knees apart/ can be practiced with variations like hands on the shin with knees and feet apart, parallel to each other. Wind-relieving pose (Pavanamukt asana).
4. Butterfly pose (Titli asana).
5. Stomach crunches.
6. Shoulder stand (Sarvangasana).
7. The Plow pose (Halasana).
8. Fish pose (Matsya asana).
9. The Cat/Tiger pose (Marjari asana).
10. Sunbird (Chakravak asana) variant of the cat cow pose – engaging the legs/head.
11. Cobra (Bhujangh asana) and the variations.
12. Camel pose (Ustra asana)
13. Shoulder lifts
14. Neck stretch variations by engaging the arms and twisting with torso too.
15. Dancer (Nataraja asana)
Throat ‘Vishudha’ Chakra Pranayama/Yoga Breathing – Techniques of correct breathing namely ‘Ujjayi’ helps in the free flow of Prana.
Bandha – Jalandhara bandha (Chin lock)
Emotions and Mind Management – The sessions of emotions & thoughts release, when consciously practiced, helps clear energies and you feel grounded, secure, joyous and balanced.
Beneficial Foods – Fruits, Soups and Juices.
Color Vibration – Blue.The Color that soothes the Soul.
Throat Chakra once balanced will help you feel secure and grounded and you will experience the following
1. You realize purification is the purpose; communication is the focus.
2. You express and communicate without arrogance.
3. You respect others point of view even if you do not agree with it.
4. You develop willingness to listen to others without fear of speaking one’s own truth.
5. You have the strength to listen to intuition.
6. You have clear communication and self-expression.
7. Receptive, allowing and accepting transformation; consciously adjusting well.
8. Can differentiate between aggression and assertiveness.
Physical properties of Throat Chakra:
Physical location – Throat. Center to lower neck, in area of thyroid gland
Gland association – THYROID and PARA- THYROID GLAND
Hormones – Thyroxin and triiodothyronine, calcitonin, parathyroid hormone
Nervous plexus – Cervical plexus, pharyngeal plexus
Body system association – Metabolism, throat, thyroid and parathyroid glands, the neck, vocal cords & organs, mouth, teeth, gums, jaws and ears.