How we feel, think, behave and react in a situation, real or imaginary start getting coded into our psyche from a very young age of around 6 years.
These life trap impressions get subconsciously triggered whenever we are face a related situation. These patterns color our thinking and how we cope with issues and situations; they become our life traps. They repeat over-and-over again!
Jeffrey E. Young and Janet S Klosko in their book ‘Reinventing Your Life’ explain some of these LIFE traps. These are:
1. Abandonment (Please don’t leave me)
2. Mistrust and Abuse (I can’t trust you)
3. Emotional Deprivation (I’ll never get the love I need)
4. Social Exclusion (I don’t fit in)
5. Dependence (I can’t make it on my own)
6. Vulnerability (Catastrophe is about to strike)
7. Defectiveness (I’m worthless)
8. Failure (I am such a failure)
9. Subjugation (I always do it your way)
10. Unrelenting Standards (It’s never quite good enough)
11. Entitlement (I can have whatever I want)